Introduction and Details
TrainingBoom’s FAR Part 135 online aviation training allows operators and their pilots to meet the training requirements of the FAA’s Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) for Part 135 Initial and Recurrent training.
Online aviation training replaces traditional classroom training. The FAA encourages air carrier operators to evaluate online aviation training to fulfill their Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) requirements. Here are the entire Title 14 Part 135 regulations.
Traditional classroom training was the standard training method for FAR Part 135 operators before online learning became mainstream – in both academic institutions and in continuing professional education like FAR Part 135 training.
Training is about teaching — about the user’s interaction with the content. Academic leaders consistently rate online education as the same or superior to face-to-face instruction. High-quality online aviation training consists of three elements:
- Quality software – The quality of the software is the first thing that a pilot notices. It needs to be easily accessible and allow the pilot to focus on the material while not being distracted.
- Customized content – Pilots need customized content, not generic content.
- Human training and live support – Most pilots require initial training and ongoing support to get up and running smoothly and continue with the coursework.
Online training gives crew members the flexibility to control when and where they train. TrainingBoom’s FAR Part 135 online training is tablet and mobile friendly, allowing pilots to complete training on almost any device at any location.
Cost Savings with FAR Part 135 Online Aviation Training
FAR Part 135 online aviation training with TrainingBoom costs less than traditional classroom training. The savings are clear after comparing all of the costs associated with classroom training to online training, which include:
- Per diem
- Instructor costs
- Classroom and material
- Loss of pilot productivity
- Extra training pay for pilots
TrainingBoom Modules for FAR Part 135 Online Aviation Training
The primary modules of TrainingBoom’s Part 135 training include:
- CRM – Reinforcement of CRM Skills, Markers, Communications, Coordination, Workload Management, Situational Awareness
- TSA 12-5 Security – Covers the TSA training requirements for 12-5 Operators
- RVSM – This lesson is a thorough review of required RVSM training prior to operating in RVSM airspace
- Will Carry Hazardous Materials – Meets the FAR training requirements for 49 CFR Will Carry Hazardous Materials
Other topics covered in our training library include:
- Aeronautical Charts
- Airport Signage, Lighting, and Markings
- Airplane Upsets
- Airspace and ATC Procedures
- Appropriate Provisions of 14 CFR
- ATC Systems, Procedures & Phraseology
- Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP)
- CFIT Avoidance
- Class G Airspace and Non-Tower Airport Operations
- Eligible On-Demand Operations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flight Locating Procedures
- G600 Avionics Familiarization
- General Emergency
- Ground Crew Communications
- Hazmat – Will Not Carry
- Inflight Icing
- International Operations
- Land and Hold Short Operations
- Low Visibility Ground Operations
- Meteorology – Reporting Sources
- Meteorology – Weather Systems
- Operations Manual
- Physiology – General
- Physiology – High Altitude
- RNAV (GPS) Approaches
- Runway Incursion Avoidance
- Security and Inspections
- Visual Cues for Descent Below Minimums
- Volcanic Ash
- Wake Turbulence
- Weight and Balance
- Windshear Avoidance
- Winter Operations
- Workplace Harassment
Startup Process for TrainingBoom’s FAR Part 135 Online Aviation Training
We’re pilots ourselves. Training is absolutely critical to safety in aviation, and high-quality training is the foundation for safety in the industry. Since we wanted to make a difference in the industry, we launched TrainingBoom in 2008. Here’s our story.
Whether you’re switching from another online aviation training provider or from traditional classroom training, we’ll guide you through each step of the process, including:
- 100% content customization
- Obtaining necessary FAA approvals
- Pilot onboarding
- Ongoing pilot support
- Annual content updates